Lehigh Valley tricos

wgmiller

wgmiller

Anyone seeing any tricos in the LV yet? Was thinking of taking a run up in the next few weeks. I know they're in full force on the Tully, but would much rather hit LV streams.

I saw them on 2 Lehigh Valley creeks this past Saturday but nothing rising on them.

I have not been up there yet for Trico's, but July usually marks the start of the hatch. I may try to make it up one morning this weekend. Anywhere but Little Lehigh. I keep holding out hope each year that it will improve, but I usually end up disappointed . . .

I have not been up there yet for Trico's, but July usually marks the start of the hatch. I may try to make it up one morning this weekend. Anywhere but Little Lehigh. I keep holding out hope each year that it will improve, but I usually end up disappointed . . .

Yeah, we really struggled there the other year, sadly.

Saw them in Northampton County on June 30th. I was nymphing the early shift, but fish were sporadically rising to duns or emergers even before 9 AM when I was quitting.

Saw then this AM on the lower Monocacy, no risers, water temp close to 70.

Yeesh. Yeah, we’re at that time of the year, sadly.
Yeah, there's that too! I forgot to mention I was leaving at 9 AM because temps, even after that rain had a chance to soak in for a few days, were pushing to 66... Didn't stop a few fellas from arriving at 9 AM, of course.

Was surprised at the high temps so I looked at the Little Lehigh gauge and it is getting over 70 many days. Used to be OK all summer in my failing memory.

Yeah, there's that too! I forgot to mention I was leaving at 9 AM because temps, even after that rain had a chance to soak in for a few days, were pushing to 66... Didn't stop a few fellas from arriving at 9 AM, of course.
Yeah, my plan is to be off the water by 9 AM or so as I have other things to do in the Lehigh Valley as well.

Back