Lehigh Valley Info

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

Not sure if this post belongs here or in the Hatch forum, so mods please move if applicable.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the late season BWO's have started hatching on the LV streams yet? If memory serves they are an 18 or 20 and hatch in late October or early November but as we all know weather plays tricks with that.

Thanks,
Fox

I fished LL two weekends ago, there were sporadic BWO hatches through out the time i was there (11-3pm)

The fish seemed to be keyed on the emergers, rather than the dry.
My dry fly offerings were continually and visibly refused, and i couldnt see the fish sipping dries on the surface either, but they were taking something in the film

Foxgap239 wrote:
Not sure if this post belongs here or in the Hatch forum, so mods please move if applicable.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the late season BWO's have started hatching on the LV streams yet? If memory serves they are an 18 or 20 and hatch in late October or early November but as we all know weather plays tricks with that.

Thanks,
Fox
George they would be hatching now during the nicer days. Remember to have spinners with you and sink them to just below the film.

George - yes - the last week or several. Interestingly, with all the sunny days, I've still seen a lot of BWOs mid-day. The flies get off the water quick and a lot of the risers are taking the emergers.

Back