Leaky waders worn by an Idiot

salmo

salmo

So...... This one should tell everyone that I should not be allowed to leave home without my handler. Got up at 4:30 am to drive to the Poconos. I was trying out a bunch of new equipment and tactics (for another post). Tried out my Orvis waders with the recently installed zipper. After I suited up I had to relieve myself. The zipper was perfectly placed and worked like a charm. After fishing for a hour, I got hung up in a branch (again!). I had to wade deep to get it out and my waders started taking on water. SOB! I was planning a nasty letter to the installer when I noticed the barn door was open! They worked much better after the zipper was fully shut! BTW, water temp was 42. Please do not let me handle sharp objects. 🙄

Fear not you are not alone. The primary reason I've never been tempted to order zipper waders is because I KNOW that if forget, leave the zipper open, and get soaked.

Same concept keeps me from waist highs and hip boots, I get so engrossed in the fishing that I invariably would wade over the "cut line".

Shrinkage! :)

Reptile eastern box turtle Maryland Joe DiGiovanni 600x300

Thanks for the smile Salmo.

Fear not you are not alone. The primary reason I've never been tempted to order zipper waders is because I KNOW that if forget, leave the zipper open, and get soaked.

Same concept keeps me from waist highs and hip boots, I get so engrossed in the fishing that I invariably would wade over the "cut line".

I put bands of colored electrical tape on my wading staff at the point where water would enter my hip boots...

...works like a charm!! ;)

I am going to wager that from this point forward, you will check your zipper every time you try to wade too deep. I do it every time I walk into a courtroom.
It might be time to retire?

With age, you may appreciate the well-placed hole.

Are you saying I’ll grow to like the sunroof in my wife’s car? That’d be nice.

She wanted a heated steering wheel. To get it we had to get (pay for) a sunroof and premium stereo too…

The stereo is kinda nice, though not worth the price to jump from a mid trim of the model we bought to a high end one. The sunroof still just seems like a hole in the roof.

Last edited:
Are you saying I’ll grow to like the sunroof in my wife’s car? That’d be nice.

She wanted a heated steering wheel. To get it we had to get (pay for) a sunroof and premium stereo too…

The stereo is kinda nice, though not worth the price to jump from a mid trim of the model we bought to a high end one. The sunroof still just seems like a hole in the roof.
Did you get an 8-track ?

Back