Laurel run

J

Jemoca75!

Any of you NEPA guys fish this creek ? I did some work at a resort that this creek runs beside so after my job was done I did some walking, fantastic looking water

Laurel Run is one of the most common stream names in Pa, although there may not be more Laurel Runs than Mill Creeks. You may need to be more specific concerning the Laurel Run to which you are referring. It wouldn’t surprise me if some counties have more than one Laurel Run. Some have more than one Mill Creek. Berks has at least three.

Laurel Run is one of the most common stream names in Pa, although there may not be more Laurel Runs than Mill Creeks. You may need to be more specific concerning the Laurel Run to which you are referring. It wouldn’t surprise me if some counties have more than one Laurel Run. Some have more than one Mill Creek. Berks has at least three.
There are 63 Laurel Runs in PA.

We’ll need to know specifically which one as mentioned.

I’ve fished many Laurel Runs across PA. Save for one in SW PA, they’ve all been duds. FWIW.

Do you know how many of them are in NEPA?
Looking through the list I see 3 or 4. I'll leave it to the OP to post the location or not.

I’ve fished it. It’s ok. Has fish, but there’s nice looking habitat where there should be fish, but seemingly aren’t. It’s Brookies, not Browns, so I’d figure I’d be able to catch them or at least get a look if they were there. Lots of hikers down there along it, which is kinda annoying.

I had forgotten about that particular Laurel Run actually. That one’s not a dud, but I wouldn’t call it good either.

This info might shed some light...

It's only on the Natural Reproduction List as far as the outflow of Meadow Run Lake which is upstream of the Woodlands (if that's where the OP was working).

Section 1 from the headwaters to Laurel Run Road is Class A...

BTW - Speaking of common stream names & irony, THIS Laurel Run is a tributary to a MILL Creek.

Back