Laurel Hill/Indian Creek on Good Friday

shortrod2 wrote:
JackM wrote:

This community probably is predominately catch and release, sometimes to an unhealthy degree.

Jack,
Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? If you mean what I think you mean, then I don't believe that "unhealthy" is accurate.

The catch and release ethic can be taken too far (to an unhealthy degree) in my opinion. Not that lack of harvest will make the stream unhealthy, but harvest often times does very little perceptible harm and provides joy to people who like to have a few trout for eating.

JackM wrote:

The catch and release ethic can be taken too far (to an unhealthy degree) in my opinion. Not that lack of harvest will make the stream unhealthy, but harvest often times does very little perceptible harm and provides joy to people who like to have a few trout for eating.

As far as I can tell, furthest I can take the C&R ethic would be to release all of the fish I catch.

So, if I do release all of the fish I catch who or what suffers harm?

I've always had fun on this creek, and it's handy to my g-friends folks house at hidden valley, so I should fish it more than I do, maybe that will change this year!
lot's of other good waters in the area also!
and yeah, I rarely keep trout, but if you care, and if they are stockers, eat em up if ya want, because if you don't, someone(most likely the dutchies) will do it for you.

Back