Laurel Highlands

thavelka

thavelka

Will be in the Ohiopyle area this weekend. Does anyone know if the delayed harvest areas of Meadow Run or Laurel Hill are fishable due to water flow and water temperature? Thanks in advance for any info.

I was up that way on Sunday. I didnt really take a look at either one of them but judging from just how little water was flowing out of the cassleman and whites creek, meadow will be practically unfishable with no water moving at all. Laurel hill will be, pick and choose the deepest parts, but will probably be too low and clear. I would recommend fishing the Yough down the bike trail. They're letting plenty of water out of the dam to keep it at a decent level. Should be very wadable (wadeable?) too. You'll be able to get to those deeper seams towards the middle of the river. Cant go wrong throwing a big stonefly nymph down in that section.

The yough is really warm now, the water out of the dam is 70, it reaches 74 down at ohiopyle.

What Ryan said about the Yough dam, 70.7 degrees right now at the outflow. And, the Casselman, coming into the Yough at Confluence, is running at 76 degrees.

Yough was still at 72 degrees about 3 miles downstream of Confluence on Saturday.

Hopefully these rains and cooler weather help out our area because we sure need it.

Here is Linn Run in Laurel Highlands. The entire stream is not dry but there are stretches that are totally dry. Need a 3 day soaker round here.

aBPCw2g.jpg

br5pLCl.jpg

thats pretty unbelievable cristic. I knew we were low but not dry. I'm starting to get worried good flows won't be here till November

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. THE WATER TABLE MUST STILL BE UP TO A DECENT LEVEL BECAUSE MY SUMP PUMP KICKED IN JUST THE OTHER DAY WHEN WE GOT SOME RAIN. I LIVE N A HILL AND IT DOESN'T KICK ON UNLESS WE HAVE A LOT OF WATER. I GUESS EVEN 20 MILES AWAY COULD SEE A LOT LESS PRECIP BUT ITS JUST WEIRD.

Back