Landing Net Info

Foxgap239

Foxgap239

I'm looking for a specifc landing net to use on small streams. The guide I used out in So Cal had one and so did a guy I fished with this past week but neither net had any manufacturers info on it nor did either remember where they got them. I have a very nice Rushton Net that I got through Penn's Creek Angler that I love for most streams but I'm looking for something I won't even know I'm carrying for my Brookie trips. I was fishing a small Brookie stream this past week, a stream where I normally catch max 10" fish (browns and brooks) but hooked into two bigger fish. One about 12 but never landed (I believe it was a brown) and another which was 13" brown which I landed but couldn't get a pciture of because of course I had no net.

Here's what I'm looking for. Very light weight. This thing weighed a few ounces at most. 20" overall length. The basket was very fine mesh, with holes no more than a 1/4" or close. The basket was maybe 8 inches deep. I believe they were both teardrop shaped. Both said they did not pay very much at at all for the nets. If anyone has something like this and remembers where they purchased it, please share.

Many, many thanks.

Fox

I have a brodin net and am very pleased with it. It's built well, is lightweight, and stands up to bouncing off rocks and normal stream use. They aren't the cheapest nets ($50s and up), but they will last a long time. A lot of options to choose from as well. Click here, and check out the drop downs at the top of the page for their different models.

Cabela's has a cheap lightweight net with a mesh bag. They run about $10 - $15 and are considerably lighter than my quality net with the rubber bag.

bass pro shops has really small shallow nets that do not weigh much at all. wouldnt hurt to stop by there and check out what they have. They should be on the back wall in the back of the fly shop.

Why don't you email the guide or the guy you fished with to find out where they got them?

I have Cabela's lightweight model. It works just fine, I forget it's there.

Brodin has a called the Streambase Teardrop 18. It is 18" long with an opening of 6"x12" and is listed at $57 on their website. Cannot tell how deep the net is from the picture.

Back