Land More Carp on the Mulberry Hatch

NickR

NickR

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/2015/05/fly-fishing-land-more-carp-on-the-mulberry-hatch

A little article I helped out with for Field and Stream Magazine. I have been super tied up chasing trout... literally on my way out the door to go carp fishing right now. Was supposed to take a few folks out to fish the mulberry hatches through June...I might try to get these folks out a little earlier since I don't think this will last much longer.

There is a tying video at the end that shows a mulberry pattern that I tie... only difference between that and mine is I don't use epoxy on my berries I use non toxic urethane adhesive...it's odorless for the most part.

Lots of different patterns to fish for these carp that are keyed on mulberries. I like to tie up deer hair, foam, chenille, polar chenille, egg patterns with stems... you are only limited by your imagination. Certainly beats the heck out of trico fishing for trout in water temps that are pushing 70.

Attachments

• Mul 2.jpg
    Mul 2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 5
Nick - was reading F&S on my Next Issue app on the Ipad the other day and noticed your contribution. Nice job getting into a national magazine.

Trout. What?

Thanks for sharing the article, Nick.

I had trouble following the video due to the speed, but I think I got the concept.

Great job Nick.

GenCon

Nice job Nick! Congrats!

Always good Nick, Thanks for posting

Back