Lancaster-area tier wins national competition

wgmiller

wgmiller

Saw this in yesterday's Sunday News:

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/340901

Dean Myers our DJ Myers?

Upon reading further, yes it is. Well, good for DJ.

Congrats to DJ! I clicked on your site and found the winning fly. Here it is:

Attachments

• DM-Chain-Gang.jpg
    DM-Chain-Gang.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5
Thanks guys! I cannot believe that this happened. But the judges loved the pattern and things have really been exciting this year for me. Anxious to see where this takes me. A lot of doors are opening up.

As a plug for the contest, I think if you have a unique pattern, DON'T be afraid to submit it to the contest. You only have to send in pictures until the end when the decide the finalists. It is a great opportunity and they had wonderful prizes. This year they are working on some more good stuff. I will still be sending in some stuff I am starting to create but it will just be for fun. Highly recommend you go to:

FlyTyingContest.com

There are some really great patterns on there too.

Congrats DJ, that's an awesome achievement!

Congrats!

Killer job!

Maybe your award winningness can grace our presence at the jam for a tying demo. No?

I will have to see, it has been hard to get away for any length of time with the farm and young family. I would be fun though I am sure.

GRATZ!

NICE JOB!

Congrats I really enjoy all the flies you post!

Does this mean I need to shadow box the flies I've received from you in past swaps? Congrats!!!!!

JH

Sometimes I wish I would have kept some of those early ties to be able to see how far I have come.

Congrats DJ!
I always did like that nymph in your avatar (very unique and original), I'm not surprised it was a winner.

great tye DJ...

Boss

Cool dj, glad to see you won. I seen one of you're chain stone flys and decided to tie a couple. I put one on my hat and now I know who the original tyer is. I have not tried it yet but had a few people really admire it.I use a dyna king vise which really hold the chain pretty good with out any damage to the beads. Cool tie........

Back