LAMSON SALE - Die Cast Reels

Schaefer406

Schaefer406

FYI for all, across most fly shops and on Lamson's websites, all of their Liquid reels are on sale for $99/piece or $142 for a three pack. This is a great deal.

Nice, I just broke the knob off my lamson reel. unsure how to fix without just super glue.

It's a great reel for the money. I was using my Liquid 3.5 (now 7+) to land king salmon last weekend. The drag is top notch.

I agree its a great reel. I actually have 4 spare spools, 2 7wt and 2 8wt. I use the same reel to swap out the spools since all 7/8 wt. I just emailed them to see if they can help me out.

It's a great reel for the money. I was using my Liquid 3.5 (now 7+) to land king salmon last weekend. The drag is top notch.
There is not a reel that is a better bang for your buck than the Liquids. Sure, they aren't as pretty as some machined reels, but they cost $500 less and perform nearly, if not just as well as them IMO.

Use the Liquid 7 for bonefish and warmwater. Am happy with them and the 3 pack is a bargain. BTW, all Lamsons use the same drag so these have high end conic drag mechanisms at a low price.

BTW, Sierra Trading Post has some Liquid 5 reels for $70 in an obsolete color.

I torched a 2.0 drag on a zombie king and landed it, is how I know these guys got good turnaround service, reel was overhauled for 15 bucks

They're discontinuing these reels. They are going to be replaced with something new.

I am a fan of Lamson reels. I just took advantage of the Sierra closeout a few months ago to buy two 7+ reels in the discontinued color. At $70 ea they were cheaper than just a spare spool of most other quality reels. So rather than buy a reel and a spool, I just bought two full reels. I also have a older Litespeed IV and spare spool. They are lighter and look nicer, but the reel was $250 and the spool was $130 or something like that. Not sorry I bought it, it's been great. But you can't beat $70 for a great quality reel, which I believe is made in the good ol' US of A.

BTW, Sierra Trading Post has some Liquid 5 reels for $70 in an obsolete color.
Thanks for costing me some money.

I let my son fish with my rod too much recently and he really took a liking to my Guru. He can save his own money if he wants one of them but I suspect he'll be happy with a Liquid for his birthday.

I am a fan of Lamson reels. I just took advantage of the Sierra closeout a few months ago to buy two 7+ reels in the discontinued color. At $70 ea they were cheaper than just a spare spool of most other quality reels. So rather than buy a reel and a spool, I just bought two full reels. I also have a older Litespeed IV and spare spool. They are lighter and look nicer, but the reel was $250 and the spool was $130 or something like that. Not sorry I bought it, it's been great. But you can't beat $70 for a great quality reel, which I believe is made in the good ol' US of A.
I also picked up a +9 for @$80.
Some time they have excellent closeouts.

FYI for all, across most fly shops and on Lamson's websites, all of their Liquid reels are on sale for $99/piece or $142 for a three pack. This is a great deal.
Isn't the 3-pack 1 rod and 2 spools?

Was I drunk when I posted that? I have never owned an extra spool for a reel before so really hadn't thought of that until I looked more closely. Still a good deal, but not sure I would ever need/want three different lines. At first I thought I could share with friends and split the cost!

Was I drunk when I posted that? I have never owned an extra spool for a reel before so really hadn't thought of that until I looked more closely. Still a good deal, but not sure I would ever need/want three different lines. At first I thought I could share with friends and split the cost!
I should've clarified, yes a reel and two spools! Definitely nice if you have a 5+ or 7+ reel for smallmouth fishing, where you can quickly swap when you get to the river or mid session from an intermediate to a floating line and so on. Definitely cheaper than having extra reels!

Back