Lamson Liquid and Remix

krayfish2

krayfish2

I'm not sure when these came out but I just saw them online. Looks like they are offering new options in their lower price points. Liquid is a cast model with same conical drag as higher end models. I thought I saw an option to buy extra spools or spool cartridges similar to some of the discontinued Grey's models. The Remix is machined body, cast spool and conical drag. From what I've read, it sounds like the cast parts are made overseas. The drag is US made and are assembled in Boise.
Both models offer customized color sleve options for you spools (not free).

Sounds pretty interesting. Anyone see these in person yet?

Lower price point AND sealed drag. Looks like it was modeled after litespeed. When I first saw lamsons with pressure fit spools, I was not a fan. Gave in and got a konic for steelie fishing. When I realized the spool wouldn't pop off, got a radius on closeout and then a velocity. Still have the last 2. They really do make a nice product with all the drag you'd ever need for trout / bass. I might have to snag one after I get a look at the spool to frame fit.

What's kind of neat is they make reels from $99 - $800 something for every wallet and they use the same technology in base models. Hard to beat their product and it's performance.

Bobby Jr (Bass Pro Harrisburg) said tonight that they returned all their Konics to make room. They only currently have Gurus.

Liquid 2 -- "3-Pack", one complete reel and two additional spare spools with case…..$149.95

This works for me!

Can't speak to the new reels but I have a Litespeed and a Velocity and love them both. If/when I need another reel it will probably be a Lamson.

Interesting set up:

Lamson Liquid 3-pack Reel

Liquid-3-pack-710.jpg

I thought I was late to the party but I don't think they've actually made it to most shops yet. Definitely worth a look.

Might be the best deal out there for the Big D...WF5, WF6, and sink or intermediate 6 all in the same reel with spools for $150. Bring a fast 5 and your set with all these line options!

If I can find the 3 pack in an 8wt, I would be set.
I love the lamson's I have.

Shawn

I'm interested to see how these new products do, as they're filling pretty big shoes by replacing the Konic...which had a fairly long run in a product line up by today's fly fishing gear standards.

I own several Lamson reels, and from what I've experienced, combined with what I hear from others, I think the bottom end of their line-up with the Konic and Guru was the sweet spot. Not that the other stuff isn't good...just that what you get above and beyond the baseline isn't accurately represented by the price hike.

Assuming the Liquid holds up, I could see that being the new Entry-Plus level reel that the community at large tends to recommend to all newbies that are graduating from their plastic kit reel, or tried a buddy's setup and know they're going to like it.

With the extra spools, I can see that 5/6 3-pack hitting the sweet spot, and allowing max versatility for someone in that 1-2 years experience range who has a 9' 5/6wt and wants a delicate line for dries, an aggressive taper floater for nymphs & streamers, plus the sink tip for dedicated swinging sessions.

Yo shwng1973

Per their site

LIQUID 3.5 3-pack 3.85"
1.14" 5.38 oz 8,9
WF8 200 yds 20# $159.95

Get you som of dat

Crazy. I just picked up a Clearwater and may have to jump on the 8wt

My old Sth Mr Pop just took a dump and Cortland doesn't provide repair anymore. Anybody pick up a Liquid or Remix? I'm looking to pick up the 3.5 Remix for Sockeye's in Alaska (August). Any reviews? Local fly shop said over the phone that he thought it felt well made but he can't provide any reviews because it's still so new.

I just bought a liquid 3 pack from bass pro with some gift cards I had. I have never really owned a premium reel besides the one I bought from risenfly.com, so I can't compare them to anything but that and the cheap reels I've been using. I can say that the drag is really really smooth on the liquid and is easy to adjust. It *feels* like a more expensive drag than my cheap reels, if that makes any sense. I really like that it's sealed too, so that if I put the reel in the water I don't get a bunch of grit in the drag system.

The reels were very light compared to the others I own too, and you really can't beat the price. I just wish that the liquid came in a metal tone color rather than just all black.

I bought the remix with an extra spool. I love it!

If I could catch some fish... I would love it more

Have either of you truly tested the drag? Or have you been using your Liquid and Remix for trout?

Back