Lakes/Ponds Near Williamsport?

1hook

I'm in the Williamsport area and am looking to do some bass fishing in new locations. Besides the creeks, river, rose valley... What are some other good spots that one could take a kayack and get into some good bass fishing?

I'd like to stay within an hour drive. I've heard of bearwollo pond, hunters lake, lake Jean, but have no experience with them.

Since I'll be in a kayak I'd prefer smaller waters that are a bit easier to explore.

any suggestions would be appricated.

I'm going up that way this weekend. I have a cabin about 5-10 minutes from Hunters. I've been over to see that trout, and it looks like spectacular bass water. I recall seeing some laydowns, lots of weeds, and rocks. I'm holding this summer wasn't too hard on it. It is usually very clear, especially in the spring and fall. If you end up not taking the yak, be careful walking around in the woods.

tioga county has 7 lakes for basin and yakin, 1 hour from Williamsport. right now beechwood, tioga res., Hammond are best. lyman over in potter has been producing lots of 1-2 lb. bass too

Rose Valley Lake

http://fishandboat.com/water/lakes/rose_valley/00rose.htm

Dear 1Hook,

Check out the ponds on State Gamelands 252 just west of Allenwood. It would help a lot if you had a cart for hauling your kayak as some of the ponds are 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from the parking areas. I've had pretty decent luck fishing in some of them with a float tube while my buddy fished out of his kayak.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Well Hunters was better than I expected. Unfortunately I forgot my bass rod at home and had to use conventional gear. I got two really nice ones, 18" and 20" both weighing around 4 lbs. Lots of pickerel too, I got bit off about 5 times. Still super clear, and there's some trout left where some of the springs bubble in.

might have to take a ride over with the boat

I stopped by hunters lake on my way back from worlds end state park, looked nice... Will definetly be on my list to fish

Back