LaFountaine Video

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Here's a video from back-in-the-day of Gary LaFountaine tying and fishing some of his killer caddis patterns. It's a long video (2hrs) but well worth the time to view it.

His Deep and Emergent Sparkle Pupa patterns are killer. He gives great tips on tying. Finding the materials to tie them right now is really the hardest part. Enjoy.

Thanks that was very educational.

This one is a sweet vid! I have it as a vcr tape! Need to get it swapped to a dvd before the vcr player dies. The hemmingway caddis (henryville special) is a pretty sweet fast water fly or dry dropper fly!

I havent had the succes with Garys caddis though dont yses it regularly. I was lucky and found the yarn before it dried up. Now little guys cant get it from what i hear.

I have another video on caddis by Rene Harrop thats a sweet video as well. Also on vcr tape :(.

As I've studied fly fishing and tying over the last several years, I've really come to appreciate Lafontaine's dedication to figuring out the "why" behind pattern success. His theory of attraction presented in "The Dry Fly: New Angles" really changed the way I went about tying trout flies, particularly the importance of color as it relates to the ambient lighting in the fishing environment.

Back