eunanhendron

Carrie Stevens Streamer

Hook is a Partridge CS15

The head has 4 bands, 2 black, 2 red.

An interesting fly. I love the colors

THanks for looking

2012-06-22_07-54-41_585.jpg

2012-06-22_08-02-47_639.jpg

Do you fish with these flies and the others you've posted on here or are they for display only? If you do fish with them, how productive are they?

McSneek wrote:
Do you fish with these flies and the others you've posted on here or are they for display only? If you do fish with them, how productive are they?

I wondered the same thing. It would be shame to get them wet. It would be sorta like taking the Mona Lisa out of the frame, and mopping the floor with it.;-)

VERY nice work.

I dont fish a lot with these flies as they are generally too big for the waters i fish around the philly area
I may use some of them for Salmon and Steelhead in the fall/winter this year, but generally, i'm working toward show quality with most of the flies i post here (and on other forums)
The streamers can be used and are effective on bigger waters like the Upper Delaware

Thats not to say they cant be tied smaller for small streams.

I've tied Black Ghosts recently for a guy near Pittsburg, they were size 8 (5.5xl) hooks.
Black ghosts are generally very productive for trout and salmon

Honestly, I only started tying classic flies in January this year. I wanted to tie a Jock Scott Salmon fly, and from a very poor effort i started learning and mastering techniques with classic wet flies for trout, then went back to salmon flies.

The streamers are just a progression from that. I started following Streamers365 this year and decided to have a go at them too....

Actually had one displayed on the streamers 365 a while back. So not bad for a guy who's been tying streamer for only a couple months.

use the streamers in the lower delaware near new hope for sea run browns in the fall. they work !!

Very nice fly. I like full dress flies. They are works of art.

Back