Kudos to paflyfish

Bruno

Bruno

I stumbled across this today.

http://www.hatchmag.com/blog/not-all-fly-fishing-forums-stink/7711158

That's a nice write up but did you see the third comment down from "Rj."

"I must disagree. Although there are many knowledgable anglers on this forum, many of them are very arrogant and condescending (my bold). Eventually you will get an answer to the question you ask, if you are willing to listen to crap before it. I have seen members say obnoxious arrogant things to people in tne beginners forum."

Outside of the OT section, I've never seen an "arrogant and condescending" remark. Maybe on the forum but that was over 5 or 6 years ago.

I agree, paflyfish is a great forum. I have been on some others. Alot of them are very clicky. I have not found that here.

GenCon

All I can say is, there is an abundance of knowledge here, I've enjoyed meeting lots of great anglers, and I've made some very good friends. What more could you possibly hope for?

DaveS wrote:
All I can say is, there is an abundance of knowledge here, I've enjoyed meeting lots of great anglers, and I've made some very good friends. What more could you possibly hope for?

Bikini girls

"I must disagree. Although there are many knowledgeable anglers on this forum, many of them are very arrogant and condescending (my bold). Eventually you will get an answer to the question you ask, if you are willing to listen to crap before it. I have seen members say obnoxious arrogant things to people in the beginner’s forum."

In some way, I hope that comment is making reference to me. That would then give me a false sense of accomplishment though :))

Like DaveS said, lots & lots of experience on here. I've met some very nice guys from the forum and made some friends from here as well.

It was probably a fellow brookie fisherman writing that review.

In all seriousness, this is a good site. I don't contribute much, but I like hanging out here when it's too cold to fish.

I messed up on my last sentence. I meant to say maybe on the old forum.

It must of been prior to 2006. I was sternly corrected when I confused a feeding lie with a holding lie...lol

RCFetter wrote:

That's a nice write up but did you see the third comment down from "Rj."

"I must disagree. Although there are many knowledgable anglers on this forum, many of them are very arrogant and condescending (my bold). Eventually you will get an answer to the question you ask, if you are willing to listen to crap before it. I have seen members say obnoxious arrogant things to people in tne beginners forum."

Outside of the OT section, I've never seen an "arrogant and condescending" remark. Maybe on the forum but that was over 5 or 6 years ago.

Dude who wrote that got confused and only reads what SBeckham wrote/writes in the soccer thread. :)

He has no clue as I have never read anything i perceive as "obnoxious arrogent things" in the beginner forum. Good site with good people @ PAFF.

I post here when I think I have something to contribute and try to do it in a positive way. I haven't seen problems here and most all the questions presented get answered, albeit sometimes with a bit of wit involved.

We've got something really unique and special going on here on PAFF - we should be very proud of our good reputation.

Nice nod for sure. I remember... back in the day... when there were a few dozen posters. The growth of the community has been exponential, and the results can be seen not only in the number of posts, but also in the number of get-togethers as well as the number of persons that attend the annual Jamboree.

Each and every person who posts and maintains decorum contributes to the positive culture here. We have a wide variety of personalities, but in the main, helpful, courteous people who have a great passion for the sport.

I spend way too much time here.

I've been less involved lately, but it was the sense of community here that really caused me to become invested. I commend Dave Kile and the moderating staff along with the regular contributors for making this a place that folks want to keep coming back to!

What Jack said.

Some good guys on SOL though. In the MA/CT/RI & Fly forums.

I've learnt a lot from this site, and now I'm trying to give back with accurate fishing reports and hopefully some useful questions.

Well deserved praise! Congrats to DaveK and Team. So many times the negatives get pointed out, but the positives go unnoticed and unmentioned. I'm glad someone "outside" recognized the efforts of the Dave and the Mods!

There may be better fishing forums somewhere but I never found one anywhere.Haven't lived in or fished Pa. for almost half a century but I keep coming back here to visit.

Perhaps the OP misinterpreted some of the joking that happens in the strings. Some of us, and we all know who we are :) , are given to sarcastic humor and like to poke at each other.
It's normally pretty clear that we are just busting on each other, but I can see where a casual reader would think differently.

We've got something really unique and special going on here on PAFF - we should be very proud of our good reputation.

I agree with HA. This is a special place on the web. Good folks, lots of knowledge and some good humor too. I've learned a lot from the people on this forum and try to share when I have something constructive to contribute.

geebee wrote:
What Jack said.

I've learnt a lot from this site, and now I'm trying to give back with accurate fishing reports and hopefully some useful questions.
It's learned, not "learnt". See, you can even learn spelling on here. I just couldn't let you go through life saying/spelling it like that. lol

Though that may sound much like what all fly fishing forums claim to offer, the key is that PAFlyFish actually succeeds at doing so, thanks entirely to its community. It is a community of individuals that are extremely knowledgable, generous with their time and information and welcoming to newcomers

I feel this is very true.
The people I have met here are good down to earth people, many have become friends some very good friends. I think it shows once you take a look around here. Of coarse there are small ripples here and there but with a community of this size you just can't avoid it.
They are few and far between...

Back