Kudos for Cabela's

djs12354

djs12354

I have to give Cabela's in Hamburg credit for great customer service and for standing behind their products.

While fishing the Little Lehigh today, I went from having a 2 piece, nine foot, five weight to having a 3 piece rod.

Since I was relatively close to the store, I headed over to see what they would do for me. Starting with the greeters, who checked the rod case and directed me to customer service, and ending with the CSR I dealt with, it was a very positive experience.

I explained that I had received the rod as a gift, that the tip had just broken and there was no argument at all. The only questions asked were the ones required to replace the rod for me. I was in and out of the store in 30 minutes, give or take. And the greeters asked as I was on the way out of the store if I was successful in getting my replacement and wishing me good luck with it.

Aside from my disgust at having the rod tip break just as fish were starting to rise with some regularity, it was good to have Cablea's be so responsive and stand behind their products.

Dave

It's a shame you missed the rise but it's nice to hear a positive story about a retailer. I'm involved in a Pennsylvania based golf forum where retailers, especially online retailers, are always being reviewed.

I try to provide feedback to the vendors whenever possible. It's good to be able to pass word to employers when you encounter a quality employee.
I have to say the people I dealt with at Cabela's were great, and I went on-line via a survey they provided and made sure to mention the Customer Service Rep. by name.
I had a second rod with me, but it was getting late in the afternoon. just made more sense to head over and get the problem dealt with.

Tip broke when line wrapped around tip as I was clearing a snag. Gave atug and two inches of the tip snapped clean. It was a nasty shock

Back