Korkers Darkhorse or Devils Canyon and Jetty Soles!

G

gungagalunga

Hello All,

My korkers darkhorse are nearly 5 years old and no amount of scuba glue can keep the boots together at this point. I may just use them for the salt and jetty fishing. This is the greatest wading shoe I've ever owned, so I'm in the market for a new pair. Does anyone have a review on the Devils canyon boots compared with the darkhorse? If the devils canyon are worth it, ill spend the lil extra for them.

For the salt and jetty peoples, what type of soles do you find best? I'm thinking that I would get the carbide studded soles but I'm wondering if the studded felt might be a better option?

Thoughts, ideas, and recommendations are all welcome!

Hello All,

My korkers darkhorse are nearly 5 years old and no amount of scuba glue can keep the boots together at this point. I may just use them for the salt and jetty fishing. This is the greatest wading shoe I've ever owned, so I'm in the market for a new pair. Does anyone have a review on the Devils canyon boots compared with the darkhorse? If the devils canyon are worth it, ill spend the lil extra for them.

For the salt and jetty peoples, what type of soles do you find best? I'm thinking that I would get the carbide studded soles but I'm wondering if the studded felt might be a better option?

Thoughts, ideas, and recommendations are all welcome!
I own the dark horse as well and really love them. I just use the studded soles for jetty fishing. Never had a problem with them.

I love my devils canyon boots, they are fantastic. I've never owned the dark horse so can't really compare. The carbide studs have amazing grip.

Responding to this after having a chance to fish in a pair of Devil's Canyon I just received as a warranty replacement for my terror ridges.

Short story there was my TR heel lock strap tore after two seasons of use. Contacted Korkes CS. They offered to replace my TR's at no cost or pay the difference to get into another boot. I chose the DC and wore them this weekend on an 8 mile hike in and fish of a moderately graded brookie stream.

Wow. An awesome boot all around. Light on the feet. Super easy to get in and out of. Great support in the stream and on the trail. Mostly neoprene putter that cleans up easy.

Would highly recommend the DCs and korkers awesome support.

Back