Korker Wading Boots

T

troutwilleatflies

Anyone have any experience with their boots that have the interchangeable soles.I'm looking at their "Chrome" boot,it looks like what I need but at $200 I would like some reviews.

http://tinyurl.com/45vfevg

This is one of the threads. There are others. Just pop Korkers in the search function and you will get a ton of results. They are not specifically addressing the "Chrome" boot but generally discussing Korkers interchangeable sole system.

Was it Sierra Trading Post or somewhere very similar I saw a line of Korkers with the changable soles fo' sale.

gfen wrote:

Was it Sierra Trading Post or somewhere very similar I saw a line of Korkers with the changable soles fo' sale.

Correct. And in reasonable sizes ie it's not all size 7 and 8.

One point of advice is make sure to up size them, more then usual. Most wading boots I wear a 10 and have plenty of room, these are really tight. I don't have the "chrome" version but having a bad knee and wading in the salmon river it's a necessity to have some spikes. I am pleased with them but buying the wrong size has discouraged them taking a real beating...

I have been wearing Korkers for about the past 5 or 6 years and really like them. I have owned several models and they all do run on the small side. I'd say to buy them one size bigger than you'd normally wear and check them out real well indoors before you wear them fishing. The Chromes look nice but I really hate that they only offer them with rubber soles. I just can't imagine that they are nearly as safe as studded felts.

I have worn the rubber soles with larger spikes... excellent for winter and you know that your set all year and in any waters that are banning felt soles... ie Maryland

i have the korkers with the changeable soles and i absolutley love them! had them for a year or so. very durable, you can beat the crap out of them and not even a frey. if you live near a bass pro shops, they carry them. i would recommend going there to buy them so you can try them on first, thats what i did and im glad i did it that way.

I purchased the "Chrome" Korkers about 2 months ago. I went ahead and got the sticky rubber and studded sticky rubber soles. They are the best wading boots I've ever used. I've had numerous boots over the past 40 years and the Chrome Korkers are the most comfortable ever. The stainless steel lacing system is awesome. Quick and easy to use! This is the first pair of non-felt soles I've ever owned and they are a breeze to clean after each outing. The newest model (2011) tightens much quicker than previous models. They are a bit pricey, but I give them 5 stars. BTW, Kokers has resized their boots to fit larger than your actual shoe size. If you wear a size 11 boot or shoe, order size 11 Chrome Korker boots. They will be plenty big enough. But if your shoe size is for example an 11-1/2, order a size 12. Also, the sticky rubber studded soles grip as well if not better than any studded felt sole I've ever used. This newer generation sole from Korker is wider than previous soles. That equates to more gripping surface. I've used them about a 8 to 10 times so far, and they work superbly! Hope this helps.

I have the korkers guide boot that are the boa lacing system. The one that kinda looks like a moon boot. But I've had them for 4 years now and the only thing I had go wrong was i wore out a pair of soles in the first year. I took them back to the fly shop they replaced them and never had a problem since. Great light boots but supportive as well. Love that fact of the interchangeable soul. All around best boot I would recommend. 200$ is nothing for the comfort and durability you will get out of them.

Back