Koorkers vs Simms?

Simms Headwaters with hardbite star cleats. Got good use out of them. They're pretty beat now after a few years. Hoping Santa brings a new pair of Vapor boots.

3 pairs of Simms, just add screws.

Sounds like a log rolling competition between K2 & Becker. Money is on Becker...since he's a "winner" and has the advantage of a loch style.

But K2 has his war paint on...

Chota STLs with felt soles... can't beat them. I have had Simm's before and they don't hold up the same.

NickR wrote:
Chota STLs with felt soles... can't beat them. I have had Simm's before and they don't hold up the same.

Had Simms, then tried chotas. Soles fell off.
Switched back to Simms. The chotas were nice boots but they didnt last as long as i hoped. Original laces on the chotas broke the first week i had them also.

Proline boot foots for about $50.00. Easy on and off compared to all the wading boots. Don't believe all the hype.

I owned a pair Chota STL's. Good quality boots that lasted about five years. I replaced them with a pair of Simms Guide boots Vibram soles with studs. They lasted about five years also. I replaced them with my current boots, another pair of Simms Guide boots but with the star cleats. I am on my second year with them. I can recommend both of these wading boots. They are both quality and well made. You get what you pay for.

I almost forgot I recently bought a pair of Simms Freestone felts as a backup. I have not tried them yet but look like a good boot for the money.

Swore to never purchase another pair after I bought mine.

This is about sums it up, goes for Simms waders too.

I will plug Korks, I have used a pair of Redsides for about two years now and they have been flawless.

orvis brogue's going on 10 years just started to come apart at the soles.easy on and off with the side zipper.

I've been using Korkers redsides for 4 years. Very light. They drain well. I'm happy with them.

If you plan on fishing a lot I would not recommend the korker resides. I have fished about 30 times this year and the boots are full of holes and I have no tread left on the rubber interchangeable soles. For $109 I guess you get what you pay for. My next purchase will be Simms...just like my waders.

Two pretty hard years on the korkers no problems so far but the interchangeable soles make me a little nervous.

HopBack wrote:
If you plan on fishing a lot I would not recommend the korker resides. I have fished about 30 times this year and the boots are full of holes and I have no tread left on the rubber interchangeable soles. For $109 I guess you get what you pay for. My next purchase will be Simms...just like my waders.

^THAT. I think I got a little less than a year out of my Redisides and I reeaaalllly stretched it. Not even usable as a backup pair anymore.

In the spring I got a pair of Simms Freestones(about the same price as the Redsides) and they're still going strong. My next pair will definitely be Simms......either another pair of Freestones or an upgrade. Almost about to jump on the Simms bandwagon with waders too but I'm still a little hesitant with how hard I am on waders.

I can without hesitation, recommend Simms Guide boots. I have experienced and represented a variety of wading shoes, and Simms Guide boots are the only shoes that last. Patagonia being a close second to Simms, the others: Orivs, Korkers, and Cabelas have disappointed.

Back