Kold Kutters won't stay in wading boots...

Screw in studs just can't take the abuse I put them through. My Simms Hardbite studs wore down to nothing in basically 2 months of use. One or two of them ripped out. I just replaced them with the Kold Kutters and those spots already rip out. I used Aquaseal urethane on all of them which Simms recommended. I see some red stuff sticking out through the hole which I believe is the main stuff that is supposed to anchor in the studs. My first pair of the G3 boots that I sent back under warranty I used windshield urethane since I work at a body shop and I figured it was the best stuff out there. That failed horribly with the Alumabite studs. I really wish I could just get my money back for my Simms boots and wish I went with the Korkers.

I have used the cold kutters for years without serious problems with them coming out. I put a drop of aquaseal on each screw when I put them in. Do you pre drill a hole? I don't. What length of screw do you have?

The threads on Kold Kutters are really fine. I started using them on my ice fishing boots. They worked great but fell out. Tried them on a different pair with much better results. Tried them on hip boots and they fell right off. Tried them on a cheap pair of Orvis wading boots with much better luck. I believe the density of the sole is the determining factor as far as them staying attached.

Back