Keystone Fly Fishing Festival at Tipton last weekend

rrt

How did this festival go? I was on the "unable to go" list (am presently on the "unable to fish list for another day). I also could not figure out whether the festival was going to be at Tipton or Birmingham.

Anyhow, did it go well? Was it well attended? Just curious.

I went. It was alright. I was there fairly early on Saturday and in fairness, drove through some steady rain to get there, so it wouldn't surprise me that the weather kept some people at home, at least on Saturday. Some of the vendors were very interesting and all were friendly and helpful, but there wasn't a ton of stuff there. I actually brought a bamboo rod and some reels/spools to sell at the flea market and did leave them while I perused the show, but didn't sell anything. In fairness, I was only there for a bit more than an hour and couldn't have expected to sell that stuff given the relatively small crowd. I was also planning on giving the casting contest a shot (I didn't expect to win or even place high, but I'm always up for a new challenge), but there were several people waiting to cast and I didn't feel like waiting (had some family visits to make since I was down in that country anyway).

Back