kettle creek near cross fork this weekend (june 6-8)

huntfish

huntfish

hey y'all,
heading up to the cabin this weekend. looking to fish kettle near cross fork. just wondering what you guys think will be the best bet for fly selection. drakes? sulfurs?

also any reports on the condition would be awesome as well.
thanks!

Both, I'm hoping to go up on Monday.

I'm also considering heading to cabin on Kettle Creek this weekend. Any word on what the drake hatch is looking like?

I was in the area last weekend, and spent the evenings on Pine, between Gaines and Ansonia. Good number of bugs each night, and plenty of risers but it was a mixed bag of bugs and different fish were keying on different bugs. Sulphurs were the most prevalent, so that’s what I fished. There were MB’s and a few GD’s though too.

I'd assume things were probably pretty similar on Kettle in the Cross Fork stretch. I'd probably expect less Sulphurs and MB's and more GD's this coming weekend as compared to last weekend, but only one way to find out for sure.

The drakes ought to be pretty heavy on Kettle by now if you were seeing a few rogues last weekend, Swattie.

Kettle was the first place I ever fished the drakes. Loved it. Pine as well!

sweet definitely excited for this weekend. thanks guys!!

There was a good drake hatch on Young Womans Creek this weekend.

yea i was up there this past weekend and there were real nice coffin and sulphur hatches going on both nights. i fished mainly sulphurs and fish were hitting on almost every cast. also caught some nice fish on a grasshopper parachute during saturday mid day.

Back