Kettle Creek, Big Pine, Little Pine, and Slate Run this past weekend

F

Fenglass

Hey, the size 16 black caddis and size 14 dark brown caddis were out in huge numbers on Kettle, Pine, Little Pine, and Slate Run this weekend.

My son and I fished these and caught a few on jig flies, but, the best action that we had was with the green weenie. Yeah I know, lots of us hate that stupid fly.... but it works.

So the caddis hatch was going full bore, and you fished a green weenie?? :-?

So - were the fish rising to this huge number of caddis flies?

Was this report from the C&R section of Kettle or elsewhere? I ask because the trout “elsewhere” in much of Kettle were doing fine prior to the month long dry, warm spell in SE Pa. Not sure if that same weather hit the Kettle drainage.

I have only ever fished a green weenie once and did not catch anything. Would not hesitate though if it was a “fly” that was working for me.

Well Mike, "seems like you have not been around". Mike, it was down the horse trail at Kettle, well before Leidy Bridge.

Lewis and Clark, students to "Mike and John's GREAT MINUTE! in Pa. Beauty!

May I add, filmed, historical in nature, Masterpiece! I do not know your age or ability, my age is long, ability slow, but I will make it! The worth is richer than all gold! The intent, greater than ever to believe!

Do it now, Why, "Because we can". Tomorrow? Get Some,

Maxima12

it was dark fall caddis size 12 and a size 16 dun colored sedge on pine. most fish are stilled keyed in on crawfish. been like that for 2 weeks now

Back