Kettle and pine creek access.

Prospector :

I camp in the designated sites along the Clarion river between Halton and Belltown. Very handy for me, since I pretty much fish the river exclusively.
And do enjoy being right on the water.

Not having to get a permit fits in with my style of fishing. I go up if the conditions are conducive to finding rising trout.
If the weather gets bad, or the stream is too high - I go elsewhere, or stay at home.
On state forest land, you pretty much make a reservation for a certain spot. That means calling in for a permit several weeks in advance.
Which I may or may not actually use - as happened last week

Dryflyguy,

I amazed at how many trout are in that river since it is lightly stocked. Obviously most fish enter from the tribs and there are some wild fish.

Conversely I’m on Spring Creek, in the vicinity of Hallton, a few times each year and I’ve only had enough risers to warrant switching to a dry one time. It was about 10 years ago when a very warm day occurred early in the season. It triggered the Hendricksons.

Prospector -

Yeah, my understanding - and this is hearsay - is that the main stem is not stocked. All those hatchery fish come in from the many tribs that are.

As for spring creek - it's supposed to be the best fly fishing stream in the area, with nice hatches.
But that hasn't been my experience.
My best fishing there has been with terrestrials in the warmer months

Back