Kelly Galloup X Streamer Rod

Steelhead_JESUS

Steelhead_JESUS

does anyone have the echo streamer rod by Kelly Galloup? i’m looking into a streamer specific rod and really like this rod but can’t find any shops that have it so i could get a feel for it.. i just was wondering if anyone who has it has any feedback before i commit

I have the 6wt paired with Airflo WF-6 Streamer Max sinking line and leader per Kelly Galloup. This rod is set up for Kelly's approach to trout fishing, but I've only had it out 3 times. I don't really have enough streamer experience to give a fair assessment.

My only other streamer experience is with a 10' 7wt Sage Foundation, with floating line and sinking leaders. I'd probably prefer this one for swinging streamers on bigger water.

I definitely want to do more streamer fishing, and am interested in comments from the more knowledgeable folks here.

I have the 6wt paired with Airflo WF-6 Streamer Max sinking line and leader per Kelly Galloup. This rod is set up for Kelly's approach to trout fishing, but I've only had it out 3 times. I don't really have enough streamer experience to give a fair assessment.

My only other streamer experience is with a 10' 7wt Sage Foundation, with floating line and sinking leaders. I'd probably prefer this one for swinging streamers on bigger water.

I definitely want to do more streamer fishing, and am interested in comments from the more knowledgeable folks here.
looks like its going to be up to you! i was looking at the 7wt.. still deciding whether or not to go with a sinking line. You had to order yours online? i can’t find any shops that have them in stock - i talked to one guy that did say he was putting an order in soon for a couple but he’s far

I have not demo'd this rod or any Echo for that matter, so I have no supporting info. I am following this thread out of curiosity.

For streamer rods in general I like a stout tip-flexing rod. As of now I currently fish an Orvis H3D 9ft 8wt that seems to cover what I want out of a streamer rod. On Scientific Anglers 7WF-F it is an absolute rocket! I like that this rod can also make some presentation casts for that inevitable moment I strip off that poly leader and put on the smallest Booglebug to pick off some redbreasts after a miserable day on the Schuylkill. Hopefully I can convince my friend who likes to fish there to try other places.

Other streamer rods I have owned and liked in the past are the SAGE Method in the 9ft 8wt configuration as well as a 6wt 9'6", a SAGE TCX 6wt 9'6" (currently in the quiver and has only seen my back yard) (going to Erie in NOV), SAGE SALT HD in 7wt and 8wt variants. I had a preference for the 7wt, now I want an 8wt back again to better assist with the intermediate and sink tip lines/poly leaders I toss.

It would be neat to see a video or write up comparing this rod to some other streamer rods. I love gear comparison info (obviously).

looks like its going to be up to you! i was looking at the 7wt.. still deciding whether or not to go with a sinking line. You had to order yours online? i can’t find any shops that have them in stock - i talked to one guy that did say he was putting an order in soon for a couple but he’s far
I got mine for $350 via EBAY back in March. It was listed as a "New, Return" or something like that. I chose the 6 wt per Kelly's stated preference for that wt when wading. This is not a multi purpose rod. I seem to recall Kelly suggesting it will cast like **** if attempting to present dry flies with a floating line.

I got mine for $350 via EBAY back in March. It was listed as a "New, Return" or something like that. I chose the 6 wt per Kelly's stated preference for that wt when wading. This is not a multi purpose rod. I seem to recall Kelly suggesting it will cast like **** if attempting to present dry flies with a floating line.
sounds like a steal.. i’m jealous

Stiff rod with good backbone. I am a streamer junkie and utilize sinking lines. Fished a friends out a drift boat for giggles. Decent rod. As stated above it’s not a delicate presentation rod. After a few cast I went back to my Sage One 6wt.

May I suggest MAD RIVER OUTFITTERS
as additional resource.

I am Galloup fan, Wade FF only , looking to buy one of his JerkStrip Shovelhead lines.

I was confused by the options.

Steve at MRO took my call and was EXCELLENT with his help.

sorry w no direct rod help here,
but maybe another resource for u.

Back