Kelly Galloup on Euronymphing

Here's a more controversial take: Is it really fly fishing if you don't catch anything?
Judging by some opinions on fly fishing, IT IS ONLY FLY FISHING IF YOU DON"T CATCH ANYTHING.

Seriously, some folks interest in this topic seems to have more to do with keeping others from catching fish than anything else.

Seriously, some folks interest in this topic seems to have more to do with keeping others from catching fish than anything else.
If there's a single comment in this thread that supports that statement I missed it (other than Mr. Galloup's). But I'll shut up since the topic of what defines fly fishing irritates you.

Last edited:
I fish mono rig and beaded flies and am trying to figure out if I should take it as fightin' words when somebody calls me a " euro nympher" on the crick. 😂😁

It's time for the Orlando Wilson fishin show......watched them all with my Grandpa....man this makes me miss him. Don't forget Babe Winkelman......I had a few of the In-Fisherman magazines too....they were the best. I looked at them over and over - even took them to school. Man what a childhood.....so thankful
As a side note, I liked em all. Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, Hank Parker, etc. But the Lindner family and In-Fisherman were probably the best. They offered more tips and strategies for a wide variety of fish and situations, not just bass.

Their shows would inspire me to dream that I was in Wisconsin with an abundance of walleye, pike, and muskie opportunities and inspiring me to be learning techniques that were out of reach for a young kid with a bobber, a can of worms, and a bicycle. I'd watch those shows and dream, and then I'd take my primitive tackle box to the nearest farm pond and either catch bluegill or live bait or catch bass on lures.

Those really are great memories.

It was very very helpful information, and I’d suggest if you don’t like his YT, simply don’t watch them. Cutting edge advice, you’re welcome. 😉
I’m not sure what I said to make you believe I watch his YT channel.

If there's a single comment in this thread that supports that statement I missed it (other than Mr. Galloup's). But I'll shut up since the topic of what defines fly fishing irritates you.

Ok, whatever. That's a complete misread of my comments, but you do yo.

Back