Just want to share my new personal best fish.

marcq

marcq

Wish I could of got a hero shot of this fish but no one was around to take it. A wild bow from the Cumberland valley. Not sure if it’s my longest but definitely heaviest. Once again sorry it’s in the google link don’t have a computer to shrink the size of the image.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nnm7a5rNCQ3BvYk69

Nice job, great fish!

That's awesome!

Congrats! Thats a good un. GG

Very nice!

Congratulations and that's a nice looking fish. I've been getting into done meaty fish lately on streamers. If you don't mind me asking did you wrangle that fish on a streamer or nymph. I was out yesterday and saw a few fish rising. I'm ready to toss a dry fly around.

Size 16 olive scud. Yesterday was my first time nymphing this stream definitely more productive then streamer fishing and big fish are definitely willing to eat small stuff. Saw another monster sipping some kind of emergers. I caught 4 lost just as many.

Marc,

In my experience you are correct however.

Sculpins produce brookies more than anything and scuds and cressbugs produce more rainbows.

Fish will eat both but just my observation.

I also believe that streamers produce more big fish on the regular than small flies but again they will eat both

Definitely agree with rainbows as a whole species. They prefer bugs especially crustaceans. Scuds and cressbugs. In my local Stillwater these fish are stocked. Once they been in the water for a little they look like cutbows. I noticed this on big spring too. Actually the fish in the quarry I fish inside mouth turns orange and the meat is orange like a salmon. I’ve read this is because the carotene that is in things like shrimp scuds cressbugs.

Great fish! I can't wait to get back out there.

Very nice. Be careful,lot of "experts" on this site that may call you to task for the need to(gasp!) take a picture of a fish and post it.

Great fish!!!! Keep the pictures coming. Good luck unlocking the secrets of falling springs. Some wonderful surprises in there.

Great fish!!!! Keep the pictures coming. Good luck unlocking the secrets of falling springs. Some wonderful surprises in there.

I see what you did there ;-)

Great fish! Thanks for posting a photo. It's inspirational and motivational.

Back