Just Signed On

PlainClothesHippie

PlainClothesHippie

My name is Dave and I just signed on, though I've been fly fishing, primarily for smallmouth bass, since about 1999. I came to fly fishing later in life at the ripe old age of 38 or 39. This year I decided it was time to learn more about trout fishing and I was delighted to find this forum. The focus on fly fishing without the distraction of contentious off topic posts is particularly appealing.

While not highly skilled, I tie all my own flies and assemble my own rods. I look forward to learning a few things and catching a few fish.

Hi @PlainClothesHippie and welcome to the site. Plenty of warm water anglers here, but most are a little more passionate about trout. Lots of great forums cover trout behavior, hatches and locations throughout the site.

Welcome. I followed a similar path, not getting into fly fishing until my early 40's. My path went in the opposite direction. Started off fly fishing only for trout and moved onto warm water and salt water fly fishing, mostly warm water these days. I also tie my own flies and build my own rods. I've picked up a lot of good information over the years.

Welcome to PAFLYFISH.COM You will surely enjoy reading the info in the various forums. Great bunch here and no antagonists! If you ever want some info you can always send me a inquiry. I'd like to share some experience.

Back