Just picked up my new 'yak...

wgmiller

wgmiller

I'm stoked! I saw this model on sale at Dunham's for $349 and just knew that was an awesome price. Took a trip to Lebanon today and picked it up. Future Beach "Angler 144" kayak; 12' long, sit-on-top. Gotta get it 'tricked out' now with a fly rod holder and all the other customizations that go with kayak fishing. Oh, and my "Launch permit" too! :-D I've been eying kayaks for quite some time and the time was right!

100_2399.jpg

Congrats, that's awesome. Floating sure is a lot of fun. You will see.

beeb

The fly fishing addiction branches out into float-based angling... Where does it stop?!?!?!?! :-o

Miller,
You're gonna have a blast. I love fishin from yaks and canoes.

David,

I work in Hanover, so if you ever wanna hit up Marburg give me a shout!

Gamber,

Did not get a paddle yet. According to my height, I need a 230 cm paddle. Any thoughts? Can't wait to take this out in the OBX and get on some fish!

You can spend 45 or you can spend 100...Go play with them. The weight is the key. I went with the 45 dollar one and got it on sale for 35...I got THIS one. its aluminum. The glass ones are three times as much. Depends on your priority. 230 should work well for a sit on top. I think its what I have but I'd have to look. HERE is a nice paddle.

You will never be the same. I get on the Susky several times a summer and what a blast.

i was looking at the same one. but ended up going with an older 12' canoe off of craigslist.
been looking for something for two seasons now.

looks just like this one...

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/1754661392.html

Did the Lebanon store have any others, or did you get the last one. That is a great price.

The Lebanon store had two; I got the last one. The Hanover store had them as well. If you're interested, might be worth it to call around. Regular price was $449 which still isn't bad...

Back