Just moved to White Haven

• Thread starter REDNECK_FLYFISHER
  • Start date
R

REDNECK_FLYFISHER

My wife and I just moved to White Haven this past weekend and now looking for any suggestions on where to fish and what they are biting on now. I know I have the Lehigh River right in my back yard but I prefer smaller streams with some solitude and not dealing with white water rafters on the river. I love trout fishing in streams but also need any info where I can take my wife and grandkids for bluegills or other pan fish. Any help would be appreciated.

You'll want to do some exploring.

A good place to start is the "Where to Fly Fish" link on the upper right side of this page. You will also want to spend some time on the Fish and Boat Commission website which lists trout streams by county including those that are stocked and those with wild populations. The PFBC site has "Biologists' Reports" and this is a very good source for info on lakes and warm water destinations at state parks etc. Also, check out our Stream Reports forum: you can search by county or stream name. Doing some of this basic homework will get you pointed in the right direction so that you can then get in the car and go exploring.

You're also close to Hickory Run SP. There's Hickory Run, Hickory Run Lake, Sand Spring Run, and Mud Run all in the park.

pretty much any small stream around-you have a ton. I don't think you will have a problem with fishing in that area!

Below is a link to a good map of the area. You have Hickory Run, Black/Hayes Creek, Mud Run and the Lehigh River to explore all within a less than a 30 minute drive from White Haven. All the stream mentioned offer decent trout fishing. Good luck.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cs/groups/public/documents/document/dcnr_004632.pdf

Back