just have to post about this

flipnfly

flipnfly

so last week or so i was reading i think it was here about the big box stores such as the worlds foremost outfitter and stores of the like and there were a few posts in this thread of people saying that some people here are just out for the deal an with this economy i understand that point toatally but what just happened to me was i called my local fly shop the international angler , and told them about a problem i have been having with the wading boots i had bought less than a year from them he said bring em in and we'll work something out so i did when i got there they no longer had the boot i had so he hand me a pair of simms freestone boots in a size 14 turns out they were too small so i jumped up to a size 16 tried them on with a neoprene sock they fit nicely and with a little extra room for extra socks (which is a huge plus come steelhead season) then he says give me 20$ for the boots which is the difference between my exchange and the new boot i reach for my wallet and its gone i was so bummed out at that point in time knowing im going to try to go hit the water tomorrow he said dont worry about it until you can get back out this way and on top of it they were going to allow me to have new studs put in and pay when i come back in not to mention that he removed my old studs and put them in the new boots also . that there is just another reason why ill be going back there they are willing to help out when a big box store is strictly cash and carry also i would like to add that these boots were .05 cents cheaper at the fly shop than bass pro and are the same at cabelas so how much is one really saving and who is actually saving with service like that ....

Size 16, eh? Did you get a trailer for those things? :lol:

Glad they took care of you, little brother. Those boots should last you a while - they're a good tough boot.

Looking forward to wetting a line with you!

hemusthavetypeditfromhissmartphone!

I've had nothing but 100% totally awesome experiences at International Angler. I wish I could hang out there and cast rods in the parking lot every day. I hope that place stays opened for as long as I am alive.

That was tough to read. I couldn't get through it.

Fishidiot wrote:
That was tough to read. I couldn't get through it.

+1. I apologize if I sound like a jerk... I'm sure it's good stuff, but it really needs a period or a line break. It makes the reader cross eyed.

i hate punctuating always did buit heres what i left out ...,,,""..!!!?....,,,,,,,,...... i hope i got them all you guys can put them where you want them

Nothing wrong with any stream...even a stream of consciousness!!

flipnfly wrote:
i hate punctuating always did buit heres what i left out ...,,,""..!!!?....,,,,,,,,...... i hope i got them all you guys can put them where you want them

LOL! I get a chuckle when I read your posts Nello, somehow I just picture you talking on and on without taking a breath!
great to hear about good experiences from a fly shop!

hate punctuating always did buit heres what i left out ...,,,""..!!!?....,,,,,,,,...... i hope i got them all you guys can put them where you want them

It was tough to read the OP, but this response is beautiful.

LMAO

Hurray for good fly shops.

And hurray for punctuation and sentence breaks.

Fishidiot if you don't have anything nice to say then don't post !!! coming strreight from Dkile a while ago . If i had the "powers" i would remove your negative post toward nello . Nice report Nello , i'll keep them in mind if i am in the area

troutslammer wrote:
Fishidiot if you don't have anything nice to say then don't post !!! coming strreight from Dkile a while ago . If i had the "powers" i would remove your negative post toward nello . Nice report Nello , i'll keep them in mind if i am in the area

Lol! Troutslammer just told the third nicest guy in the world to be nice. That's some dam fine irony right there!

Boyer

some times being nice isn't being helpful.
I have to agree with the unreadable-sorry sir.

Posting from a phone will kill your paragraph structure! Just look at my posts lol.

troutbert wrote:
Hurray for good fly shops.

And hurray for punctuation and sentence breaks.
I agree with both statements. :)

I like that there was no periods except for ".05 cents" and an ellipsis with an extra period, oddly enough...(.)

ok here goes since i went back and read it and it was tough and i am awake at 6 am on a sunday i took the liberties of placing punctuation im sure some of it is wrong (this is PAFF not 10th grade english) you guys are going to have to live with it !!!

So, last week or so, I was reading I think it was here about the big box stores such as the world’s foremost outfitter and stores of the like. There were a few posts in this thread of people saying that some people here are just out for the deal and with this economy, I understand that point totally. But what just happened to me was, I called my local fly shop the “international angler” and told them about a problem I have been having with the wading boots I had bought less than a year from them he said bring em in and we'll work something out. When I got there ,they no longer had the boot I had so he hand me a pair of Simms freestone boots, in a size 14 turns out they were too small. I jumped up to a size 16 tried them on with a neoprene sock they fit nicely and with a little extra room for extra socks (which is a huge plus come steelhead season) then he says give me 20$ for the boots, which is the difference between my exchange and the new boot. I reach for my wallet and it’s gone! I was so bummed out at that point in time, knowing I’m going to try to go hit the water tomorrow he said “don’t worry about it until you can get back out this way “ and on top of it they were going to allow me to have new studs put in and pay when I come back in, not to mention that he removed my old studs and put them in the new boots too . That there is just another reason why will be going back there, they are willing to help when a big box store is strictly cash and carry. I would like to add that these boots were .05 cents cheaper at the fly shop than bass pro and are the same at cabelas so how much is one really saving and who is actually saving with service like that ....

Back