Jamboree

She was quite the specimen. She floated right through the eddy that I was fishing. It's always nice to see them in the wild.

She was even followed by a flock of farmers-tanned oafs, something that is very common here on a college campus, yet rare in the wild.

Still trying to get a minute to post a report. I just finished fishing! :-D What a weekend! I think I want to quit my job and do this every week!

Boyer

Thankfully the Jam is over so we can get on with the important task of begining to argue about the location of next years Jam.

Glad everyone had a good time and enjoyed the scenery or the stunning Pine Creek.

Hope I can make it next year after having been to the last few but missing this year.

Well I finally got the page together. You can view it by going to the Jamboree page and clicking the sub-menu or by clicking here.
Jamboree Photo Page

I took so many pics I did it a s thumbnails and linked higher res pics to each. If you click on the pics you can get a larger version and enlarge again for better resolution.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. And I hope others share theirs. It was a great time had by all who attended. In spite of the temperatures of Big Pine, we found fish and bugs and wild trout and even the occasional kayak hatch. I enjoyed this Jamboree more than most because of the variety of water available. Of course I had the "good" camper. Accomodations are important but the fishing is what it''s all about and it was here this year.

I enjoyed meeting some new folks including Matt Bowyer, Jay L , Bruno, Sandfly and George. Every year a few new guys show up to add to the excitement. I was disappointed we didn't get to meet Festus but he had that health issue. I can't wait until next years and where it might be. Where ever it may be I am sure it will be a great time.

Check out the pics above and consider joining us next year. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks to all who attended and happy fishing. It will be 72 here tomorrow so I will be checking out the evening hatch along my home water.

Maurice

good stuff maurice. Those pics at pine turned out even better than i thought they would. And get a load of the hackle on that kayaker!

It was nice to meet everyone finally, glad you had a good time even with the low flows...Happy i could put some of you on good fish (Jack M), If some of the others would have stopped by I could of shown them where to go too...(Maurice, Im lost can't find it??) ...lol.....even with the race goin on... :cool:

Gentlemen:

Sorry for the late report, I got tied up with stuff around the house and work really does stop without me, but the jam is still fresh in my mind. Here are my thoughts and comments:

That first night, Maurice forgot to mention that he wished for hail. We got it, that’s how we ended up getting locked in the back of his minivan…thankfully, he remembered to bring beer. I was happy with that first I caught, but that second really was the biggest I got while fly fishing. The pic doesn’t do it justice. When I got home, I measured the opening of my net. Inside to inside is 15.75”. So, how big was it???

The pic of me looking up at the cliff Maurice and I just climbed down to fish Slate Run? I’m not looking back to see what we just came down, I’m thinking how the hell are we getting out of there because going back up that was not an option, at least not for me.

I was very happy with the swap. For me, I guess it was just being able to give new life to old rods. Even if they’re only fished one time, that’s one more time than I would have fished them. Enjoy them guys!

I didn’t think camp was all that bad. I guess my only complaint would be that the showers must have been broke; I think I got 12 minutes for a quarter instead of six.

My wife and I are expecting our first child in a few short weeks, so my fishing days might be numbered for a while; I’m just thankful to have been able to meet up with old friends and meet some new ones.

Hank

Here are a few camera phone pictures from the Jam. I am still waiting on better pics from Brandon and Santino.

I am amazed to think that one of the two Rivers that enters the Point at Pittsburgh looks like this in the headwaters:

Gino got a nice fight from a decent stocked rainbow in the Allegheny River:

At a different spot, the trout were stacked up feeding on the surface occasionally (PS- That bobber you see is not on my rod-- I swear!):

At Kettle, just above Wooly Bully State Park, we got into some brookies:

Back