It's time to break out the float tube

echuck66

echuck66

I think it's about time I broke out the float tube again... any of you guys use float tubes? I don't see a lot on the lakes I like to fish, but there are a few float-tubers out there.

Sure wish I had had it with me this past weekend for the Spring Jam. There were a few lakes I would not have minded fishing (Poe Valley lake looked really inviting... at least more so than the creeks did after all that rain).

I use my toon on lakes here. headed to lyman lake this week.

I think I had more fun last year catching panfish and bass than I did trout... probably because my cast/catch ratio is waaaaay higher with warm water fish.

yup, i tube all the time - my local lake is very turbid and weedy right now.

fishing poppers, crease flies, boobies from a tube into structure is a blast.

i use my 10ft #7 with a floater or slow sinking line if i am using a booby - the sink and float motion is irrestible to warm water fish, and you can fish it as slow as you like.

Dear echuck,

I float tube too, been tubing since the late 1980's.

I just rigged my Creek Company Voyager with a depth finder and I'm anxious to try it out. I'm sure I'll be somewhere in it this weekend.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

echuck,
Where do you normally float? I live in Dormont and I enjoy floating when I can. I had a great day on Cross Creek lake a couple of years ago. Caught about 100 panfish, mostly bluegills, in about 5 hours. About half were >7". Maybe we could hook up and float fish sometime.

Cross Creek is my go-to spot. I live about 20min from the launch area.

Back