Is My Tail to Long and other Critiques

Stag,

They'll catch fish, good going. Remember - nature's not perfect so why try tie tie the perfect fly. For me, if a pattern takes more than 4-5 minutes, I won't tie the pattern and my flies aren't perfect but they do catch fish.

Dale49 wrote:

Stag,

They'll catch fish, good going. Remember - nature's not perfect so why try tie tie the perfect fly. For me, if a pattern takes more than 4-5 minutes, I won't tie the pattern and my flies aren't perfect but they do catch fish.

Thanks Dale & I agree .. no way going for perfection BUT I do like to be critiqued so my ties will be less imperfect :lol: and I'm just trying to get the basics down. They better catch fish cause these are going to my swapping friends and I will get a kick if one of them snags one and my fly.

Stag,

I feel very good that these flies will take fish.

The flies appear to be a Frenchie and Frenchie variations. I've taken a lot of fish on Frenchies and some with slight variations. I do tie them on smaller hooks (18-22), with and without beads and I'll tie a soft hackle version using CDC. I've been doing quite well lately with a size 20 Frenchie with a CDC soft hackle.

Take care.

Lookin' good, Andrew. Lookin' real good. :)

Stags
Ill take those! Look nice man. I think pic 2 is the best but all are good.

Try a shrimp UV ice dub as the hot spot and cut back on the thread wraps around the bead.

Back