Is anyone familiar with this company and their gear?

groove790

groove790

I have been looking at this on Amazon for a while now but I can find very little about the company or where they sell their gear. I'd like to look at it before I purchase it. This is not the same Allen FlyFishing that sponsors the board, just another company called Allen.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I8NKI4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2A0JY72UQVILX&coliid=I36434NZMY0OST

I have a few friends that have their rod travel bags and they love them. I plan on purchasing one in the coming weeks.

http://allencompany.net/fishing/cascade-rod-gear-bag.html

I have a couple gun cases made by this company. They have served their purpose well enough. I believe I bought them at Trader Horn a few years ago. I have never seen their fishing gear though.

They make a variety of outdoor recreation products. Generally, I have found them to be cheaply made and I stay away from their products. Nothing I have bought from them has worked correctly for very long. It has been years since I have bought anything from that company and I don't plan on buying their brand ever again.

The pack looks nice though, but I would imagine you would find in a year or two of hard use it would fall apart.

I have a chest/sling pack from them, a slightly different model.
It's not high end but it has served me just fine for 2 years

I have one of their waders bags and was impressed by the quality for the low price I paid.

The bag is over two years old and I have no complaints about it. No problems with it so far.

I would not hesitate to buy another product from Allen

I have used Allen's gun products for years, but never their fishing/fly fishing stuff. They've been around for a long time and offer decent value priced stuff. It's not going to amazing quality, but it will hold up to fairly normal use and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it in a pinch. Just don't expect Fishpond-level workmanship.

Back