IPOD

OlyphantLacky

OlyphantLacky

Does anyone fish with a ipod?i never tryed it.im just wondering if anyone has ever tryed to or is this just a dumb topic?

i have, usually right after stockings, a few weeks after when i know theres tons of fish, and the temps are right, and ill get so many strikes that i can turn away for whatever reasons and not care if i miss a strike because ill get one next cast. Yea in this case i dont really have to concentrate and ill listen to music, does get kinda lonely/boring if your fishing yourself.

Or is it right here, off State rd. Cause i know the limit from the Pfbc mentioned downstream to Railrd Tracks

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9398/pockeringid2.jpg

I sometimes listen to mine if I'm fishing on near a road or highway that is noisy. However, if fishing a quite stream, there is no Ipod needed. The sounds of nature are part of the sport to me and I enjoy hearing what's going on around me. I can listen to music any other time if I really want to.
Give it a try but remember they're not water proof.

I do not listen to my ipod while fishing. I find that if I have earphones in that I can not hear what is going on around me. Many times I will hear a fish rising before I see it and if I had earphones on then I would miss it.

Steve

I could only hope that music could give me the solitude and calm feelings that I get from fishing. I vote no to anything but natural surroundings when fishing.... It's why I go out there in the first place.

I don't use mine either, if i want to listen to music while doing something Id go running or stay at work late. :-o I go fishing to listen to nature and thats enough "music" for me.

Listen to an IPOD, while fishing? That's blasphemy! That defeats the purpose of being out on the stream, IMHO. I save the tunes for the ride home.

What's the point of being out in the natural world if you've got darn electronic devise stuck in your ear? I listen to the sounds of nature, that is, the wind, water and particularly the birds. I don't need no stinking ipod.

Yeah, when I'm walking around in this filthy city, I wear my ipod. When I'm out fishing I usually turn my cell phone off too, as a matter of fact.

I only use my ipod for fishing podcasts that I listen to @ work or cutting the grass, never while fishing! My wife is lucky I even take my cell phone with me when fishing, but it never leaves the car. Nothing beats the sounds of Mother Nature IMHO!

JH

Back