Introduction and Thank you

S

swr78

Wanted to finally make a post and thank everyone while introducing myself. My name is Steve I am from New Castle and Neshannock Creek is my home water. I am 33 and have been spinfishing the Neshannock my whole life and regret not picking up a fly rod until two years ago. I bought a BassPro combo 2 years ago and havent looked back since, to the point that I took fly tying class at the Volant flyshop during the winter. I am constantly reading and watching every video I can. But I dont think any of it is as helpful as this forum as has been, especially some of the local info on hatches and etc., plus a pat on the back to moderators for a clean easy to use forum. Last night I was able to land my first trout on a dry fly caddis that I had tied. I felt like little kid at christmas, and realized that I am now officially hooked for rest of my life. Which I am ok with cause it is endlesss book of knowledge and Ive got long way to go with my casting and tying.I have a few friends that fish but none that fly fish if anyone would ever like to go out and share some tips I am very interested, only tips I can offer is other fishing on the Neshannock outside of the DHALO area. I would also be interested in meeting on other creeks doesnt have to be Neshannock just noticed lot of guys from the are on forum. Once again thank you for all the knowledge you guys share. The thing I regretted about yeaterday was fishing once again by myself.

Welcome to the board!

Welcome, Steve. Great forum here with a wealth of information being shared on a daily basis. Keep an open mind and you will learn a lot. You will also have a lot of fun along the way (just like catching that fish on your own caddis last night!..... Pretty cool). Anyway, good luck with your new past time, you picked a good one!

Tight lines
dc

Welcome to the jungle.

Congrats on the fish, and finding this forum.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard. If you have a question, just ask. I sure someone on here will be able to answer.

Welcome aboard!

Better late than never, besides you're not that late. All the best in your new addiction, and welcome aboard. Congrats on that trout with the dry.

Welcome to a great site. GG

Welcome aboard swr78 ... life must be good in ur parts

Newcastle-Brown-Ale-191x300.jpg

Back