Intro + my first brook trout

S

sciflyguy

Hi all,
I moved to PA a few months ago and today I finally found time to start exploring the fishing around here. I hiked out to a stream in a SGL about 1hr from home and was fortunate to catch some beautiful brookies on dry flies (one of which might be my smallest trout to date!)

I'm looking forward to talking with you all. I grew up fishing for largemouth bass in the midwest and have done some fly fishing on vacations in the rockies so I'm thrilled to have some awesome fly fishing close to home.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 7.31.58 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 7.31.58 PM.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 7.32.11 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 7.32.11 PM.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 79
Welcome aboard. Nice fish.
GG

What county do you live in?

Lots of good brook trout water to your north
It looks very tempting up there on the PFBC map -- I've been making day trips only so I've been heading South/SE of home, but I'm hoping to explore more this coming spring and summer!

BTW you are about 2 hours from the Savage River drainage area.

Welcome to the site from a born and bred central NYer. I've been tying for over 50 years and hosting fly swaps for 13+ years now. Nice trout! I look forward to seeing your future posts. I just closed my Terrestrial Swap but will have another on the books around November. Also, if you are new to swaps I have a Fly Swaps 101 item that I can send you if you'd like - just let me know.

Kim

Back