Insect Repellant

wmlures - AFISHN is out fishing (surprise). I'll send him a text and let him know you're trying to contact him.

You can find information on the paflyfish Jamboree in the Events forum. It's held typically the weekend before the Memorial Day weekend, so it'll be almost a year away until the next one.

My suggestion would be to contact dkile (Dave Kile). He's the owner of paflyfish. Probably best to send him a PM (private message) - just click on his user name when you are signed in, and you should be able to figure the rest out no problem.

Another thing you might be interested in is becoming a sponsor of this forum. We've had some very longtime sponsors here, and it's a great cost effective way of getting your product known by a target audience that should provide a HUGE boost in sales for you. See the ads on the right side of the page, and look for "Advertise with Paflyfish" under the site content bar.

This forum has many thousands of readers, and we're outdoorsmen.....you really need to talk with Dave Kile. ;-)

As usual,Heritage Angler, 'has my back" :) and has given you some excellent info
Yes I was out fishing the Lehigh River and some of it's tribs the past 3 days.Just back a few hours ago,so apologies for the delay.

I have followed the prompts and emailed for advertising information twice and never got a reply from anyone. Might not want more business?

wmlures wrote:
I have followed the prompts and emailed for advertising information twice and never got a reply from anyone. Might not want more business?

Stay tuned....... ;-)

wmlures wrote:

Thanks for the interest (and patience). Our web community is staffed by volunteers and we don't always see every post or inquiry. The site owner offers advertising at reasonable rates and will contact you soon.
Thanks,
DaveW

When I first appeared on this blog I was told there was a yearly event in May and that I might offer some of my insect repellent White Mountain Insect Repellent as door prizes, etc.. I am willing to do this so will the person in charge of procurement for this event get in touch with me for Name, Address where to ship and about how many people will be attending.

Jean Lavallee
White Mountain Insect Repellent

Yo Jean

It's great for you to bring this up again. The yearly Jamboree is weekend of May 20-22. I don't think our group is regimented enough to have a Procurer. If no one else steps up, I can volunteer to receive and transport your goodies.

If Ed says it's good, it's good. Next time I get over town I will stop by Tractor Supply and see if they have any on hand. Thanks for the info Ed. WTT

Lestrout stepped up and agreed to act as the carrier for my insect repellent to your May outing and I have sent him a supply for door prizes, etc. State College is a bit far for me to travel at this time as my wife has medical needs but I wish you all a good time.
Jean Lavallee, White Mountain Insect Repellent.

Hi All,

This stuff is very effective for me and its all natural. Had no issues with my gear either.

http://www.marinacottage.com/outdoors/gneaux-more-gnaughty-gnats-natural-insect-repellent-spray

I posted on the Events page that JeanL sent me 2 boxes of the White Mountain Insect Repellent. The ingredients are all natural oils and the product is 100% active ingredients. It does smell nice. I'm bringing the bottles to the Jamb for use as door prizes and raffle bait. The lucky winners can conduct a field trial.

Can you buy this stuff at tractor supply in NY. i live near syracuse.

I've not been able to visit this forum for a while so didn't get to see the question from mcwillja. Yes you should be able to get it in NY. Either Tractor Supply or the Aubuchon Hardware store chain. Hope you had a great spring outing.

I'm going to have to look into this stuff. If I even put 7% deet repellent on, my lips go numb and I sweat.

I vacation every year in Maine, in June (very good month for fishing, not so much for insects, LOL!) and have found what I like best, it was recommended by my guide when he warned me against DEET...

Natrapel. https://www.rei.com/product/800712/natrapel-picaridin-insect-repellent-1-fl-oz

I have found that it works nearly as well as DEET, which is well enough for me, given that it smells a lot better and is safe on gear. I have seen the White Mountain and will give it a try. Thanx!

Back