Informal Fly Tying Get-together. 1/2/10 @ 11AM

Next time, I expect a Tenkara demo, although I don't think I could move my hands from the cold much more.

Gotta say, my mind is moving on the Teeny, but I still want to know if I can replace the butt with something longer. I do know that I want a longer rod, and I'm pretty pleased they come with a full wells out of the box.

Finally: CZN rods.

flipnfly wrote:
unless your in erie the the heritage'ese term for bite to eat is the girard dinor eating the biggest thing on the menu lol

Ahhhh, the Ol' Dino Burger. Death by cholesterol. Funny how all the stuff that tastes good is bad for you. :-(

Let's not even mention the pies. :-D

gfen wrote:
Next time, I expect a Tenkara demo, although I don't think I could move my hands from the cold much more.

Gotta say, my mind is moving on the Teeny, but I still want to know if I can replace the butt with something longer. I do know that I want a longer rod, and I'm pretty pleased they come with a full wells out of the box.

Finally: CZN rods.

The Teeny rods are OK, but they don't come with a case. The 5 piece ones are hard to find, and I had to have a case custom made for my 10 footer (ouch).

On the CZN rods - I'm not impressed. Now if they made the 3wt in a 10 footer, and used a little stealthier reel seat hardware, it'd be #32. They claim a stealthy finish on the rod blank, then hang a hunk of chrome on the end..... :roll:

Why lookie there, they don't come with cases. Although I think they've come down in price to $225.

Its another idea on the pile, regardless. I'm not giving anyone cash until after Somerset.

Good seeing everyone again and for anyone wonder (STEVE) the 11 ft Tenkara rod is sold out but you can still get your hands on a 12ft for only $135.95 and it won't even drip on your head! Sorry been watchin that shamwow guy to much!

Back