Informal Fly Tying Get-together. 1/2/10 @ 11AM

Heritage-Angler

Heritage-Angler

There will be an informal fly tying get-together at the fly shop "A Sporting Lifestyle" in Allentown, on Saturday 1/2/10 @ 11 AM. No signup - just show up with your tying stuff. Anyone is welcome to attend - it won't cost anything but your sanity. ;-) We'll probably grab a bite to eat somwhere close by afterwards....

For directions to the shop, click HERE.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
We'll probably grab a bite to eat somwhere close by afterwards....

For those that don't speak Heritage, that means "Chinese buffet."

Barring bad weather, I'll be there.

gfen wrote:

For those that don't speak Heritage, that means "Chinese buffet."

Barring bad weather, I'll be there.

I'm full of surprises (among other things). The Chicken Lounge is right around the corner. :-D

Bummer! Most years I am over on Turner street for New Years. Last year we all got the flu so this year they are coming here to SWPA. Oh well. Sounds like a good time. Enjoy.

Girlfriend has me traveling. Maybe next time gents.

Tom - Too bad - you could have walked there!

Never mentioned it, but I was talking to a guy named Tom from Greensburg at the steelhead Jam. I was disappointed to find out it wasn't you, but he was a really cool guy - pretty good fisherman too.

Someday......

Jay - We'll do this again, I'm sure. Next time, we'll make sure you can be there.

H.A.

must have been the guy who lost his fly box on Spring a last year ...everyone was trying to give it to me. I'll be at the jam this year. I'll pm you if I get out that way and you can help me with the LL.

Tom - That'd be great! I'm still hoping to be able to drop in at the Jam for a day or two.

I'm hoping to be there. Ed - can you bring a few rods with you? Perhaps we'll have time to cast too!

As for the chicken lounge - i'm still ticked at them for taking the volcano burger off the menu. Anyone know if its back on? It was a burger STUFFED completely with jalapenos....MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There is always cali burrito or the tavern on liberty... Both are great.

Just a bump to remind everyone.

We'll be doing lunch at Cali Burrito which is just on the other side of the intersection of Cedar Crest Boulevard and Hamilton Boulevard from the fly shop (thanks Jay - been meaning to try that place). Probably around 1-2PM, or whenever we get hungry...

Steve - I'll have a few rods along - we'll go up to Cedar Beach to cast.

See you guys at 11AM.

H.A.

This is what I get for not checking in as frequently as I do. I could/would have joined you but I just now read the post. Oh well. another day late and a dollar short...

Dave R.

HEY YINZ GUYS......We should do that out west here sometime , or even a week end one somewhere central , i might be able to get the Steelworkers Union hall in Steelton.

What didja think of the burritos?

Great to meet you guys today. Next time I'll bring my stuff. Thanks for the tip on on how to weave that stone fly gfen.

Had Fun nice to meet you guys and look forward to getting together again .

Take care

Allen.....

unless your in erie the the heritage'ese term for bite to eat is the girard dinor eating the biggest thing on the menu lol

jayL wrote:

There were burritos?

Jeez, I hadn't noticed.. I did notice the waitstaff and customers quite a bit, though. I hereby nominate Cali Burrito as the offical dining place of PAFF's ABE chapter.

ha - yes - another thumbs up for the waitstaff! ;) ;) ;)

jayL wrote:

I think I have whiplash. We've discovered where all the hot women in the Valley go for lunch - and the waitresses were all hotties too!

I vaguely remember the food being very good, but I could have eaten the plate and not noticed.

gfen has christened Cali Burrito as the official lunch spot for all future PAFF gatherings in the Valley - no argument from me.

Bill and Allen - it was great to meet you. This was just a little sample of a PAFF get together. Every additional board member that shows up just seems to increase the fun quotient exponentially. We'll definitely do this again.

Dave - If you don't come visit us, we'll just have to come visit you. Three weeks from today, to be exact. ;-)

Back