info needed on fishing spots in bedford co

O

oldcrow

hello forum im looking for a few new spots to try ive been fishing yellow creek from hopewell to jacks corner this spring and a little on the raystown branch of the juniata for carp (got a few cicadas tied up waiting on them to show up) if anyone has any info they would like to share with the new guy it would be much appreciated and i thank you in advance.... see you on the water

Welcome Oldcrow,
Have you checked the Fish and Boat website? This is a good resource for finding wild and stocked trout streams on a countywide basis. You can also search this site using the Advanced Search function at the bottom of this page.
www.fish.state.pa.us

Spend some time here on the forum and get to know some folks from that neck of the woods and a polite PM can get you some good info as folks are often tight lipped about their local streams, esp the wild trout streams.
I do not believe cicadas will show in Bedford County this year. The cicadas this year will be limited to the eastern part of the state.

thanks for the info and i did check out the fish and boat site lots of good info on there ive been on that site before a long time ago

Where u at in bedford county

Try the southwest corner of bedford county near the border of southeast somerset county , the headwaters of the raystown branch of the juniata is wild trout water , somerset county offers up wills creek, clear shade creek , while i was a member of bedford tu my main complaint is that they think bedford trout fishing stops at yellow creek and they are so wrong. In another post someone was speaking of sand springs . SAND SPRINGS HOOOOO BOY!!!!! What is truly amazing to me is how does all that water get to the tops of some of the highest mountains in the state.

Where is Sand Springs? I grew up in Bedford County and never heard of it.

Back