info needed on drifting and camping on Lehigh River

Walk down trail .6th of a mile follow the trail towards the river. When a split happens ignore both trails and go down the middle. Bushwack through the laurel. When you see the rattlesnake with two heads pay him 5 dollars. He will then lead you to the magic boulder that creates a eddy where the 30" brookies live. You then can proceed to use a gemmie rod and toss pine needles lashed to a hook to catch them.

Well, now we're talkin!

I have to agree with the previous posters, even wading the Lehigh can be very dangerous. Even though they post the flows and anticipated release times that can change without warning. I've seen the river come up dramatically in a matter of minutes. This particular episode was 1 1/2 days prior to a white water release, they let the water out on a Thursday afternoon. There was no rain or anticipated precipitation.

I would however possibly be interested in a float further down river from the Gorge. I own a pontoon and wouldn't consider floating the White Haven to gorge area, in my opinion it's just too tricky.

Back