Inchworm “hatch” in SW PA

wgmiller

wgmiller

Okay, SW PA… Y’all ain’t got wild trout, but you got an epic inchworm 🐛 hatch, so there’s that! 🤷‍♂️

IMG 4911

Was fishing in Laurel Hill state park last week and had to leave because so many were falling on us and figured no bites was because the fish were stuffed with them. We were covered in them and their webs they hang from. While walking out it sounded like it was raining there were so many falling. Never seen anything like it.

Was fishing in Laurel Hill state park last week and had to leave because so many were falling on us and figured no bites was because the fish were stuffed with them. We were covered in them and their webs they hang from. While walking out it sounded like it was raining there were so many falling. Never seen anything like it.
The same thing happened to me about 10 days ago. I was absolutely covered in them. I know they're harmless, but it was giving me the creeps pulling them out of my hair on the drive home some 45 min later.

The same thing happened to me about 10 days ago. I was absolutely covered in them. I know they're harmless, but it was giving me the creeps pulling them out of my hair on the drive home some 45 min later.
Well... They're pooping too so that's even creepier.

Back