ID this stream?

Chaz, last fish i harvested was like 4 years ago.

mute wrote:
Why joke about it then?

Chaz wrote:
mute wrote:
Why joke about it then?

Because the fact this thread ended up getting all hostile about spot burning is a joke so why not chime in. If someone is trying to purposely keep something from being known, they really shouldn't be publicly posting videos with obvious landmarks in them to the biggest video hosting site on the internet.

Its not like the video was made with the creator purposely going out of the way to hide or blur aspects of the environment in it and i'm here to exploit the footage. Yes, the first stream is obviously Pickering creek in Southeastern PA as its 5 minutes from my house. Hell, he has a second video of the whole stocking process of it from last week. As for the second stream, i really couldn't care less.

And to all the spot hungry freezer packing fisherman that id say HARDLY exist on this site dont bother all migrating to the stream to fish. Although in my opinion its a decent stream, its HIGHLY poached. I cant count how many times in the last year ive gotten people cited let alone the last 10 years. Its so bad the state dropped it off the fall stocking list.

What more so interested me is the fact that the video was described as 3 streams from "Eastern PA". Well, first off, that statement doesn't make much sense right there admiring stream #1. But when i didn't recognize stream #2, thats what got me even more curious in how i don't know about a piece of water so unique looking in "Eastern PA" within logical distance of Pickering Creek. I didn't see the logic of him making a video of 3 streams driving hours in between passing by 10's of other trout streams in between the process.

Bottomline, whether this was an angler in the most ridiculous honey hole ever slaying fish. Or him just filming a flamingo walking in the rapids, i was interested in the waterway, not the fishing.

Yea I agree with mute. If this guy or anyone for that matter is concerned about adding pressure to their spots, putting it up on the internet and posting eastern pa as the title is inevitability gonna cause people to seek out and find these spots. It's not like the spots are a big secret to begin with. Heck I fished the same hole earlier this year at Pickering and did just as good. They dumped a bunch of fish there and I definitely wasn't the only one that knew about it. I still appreciate the videos some guys take the time to post and enjoy watching them. Even when I watch some and think o crap there goes that spot haha

It's somewhat ironic that there's disagreements about disclosing fly fishing locations under the section titled "Fly Fishing Locations".

:lol:

I have no problem with sharing where people fish, Pickering for example, I do not tell many people I fish there because I see too many people taking fish illegally, and you say things to people about the rules and they flip out on you. I try to eliminate the amount of jackasses on the water who do not follow the rules, easiest way to accomplish that is to not tell them.

I have a huge problem with making reg's on streams that are stocked whether it's DH or C & R, seldom if ever will any of those stocked trout survive long enough to kick off a wild trout fishery, keep all the stockies.

Makee wrote:
i know for a fact that he has not disclosed the locations because he is not trying to bring more traffic to these streams. There have been a number of people asking him where he goes fishing, do you really expect someone to tell you where their honey holes are? If you do you are crazy!!

For that video, he didn't have to.

"... do you really expect someone to tell you where their honey holes are? If you do you are crazy!!....

Huh! I don't think anyone "expects" this, but that is different than saying that it is unreasonable for someone to share or ask about a so-called honey-hole. Is this video so viral that if he had named the stream, huge calamities would ensue? Thinking that, my friends, is what I would call crazy.

Back