I love this site but have a question. ..

robkonowitch

robkonowitch

Is there a way to add a feature to get an email when there is a response to a post you have commented to?

Also, it would be great to get an email alert when you get a pm.

Thanks

Rob,

I had to turn those features off. They generated 100,000's of posts in the site every year and overloaded the system at one point. For example there were over 1,000,000 messages of this type generated at one point and had to stop it by turning them off a it shut down the site.

I will look into it again and see if there is a way for it to be managed in a safer way for the site.

Dave

Thanks for the reply. I love your site and have learned so much. As an extreme novice that wants to learn, this keeps me sane

Rob,

I have turned the feature on that you requested. I will do this as a temporary trial provided it doesn't choke the site.

In your profile make sure you select Notification: email

You can manage what you want to get notices on in the forum at the bottom. You might want to look this over and see the different options before selecting yes to everything.

I think you can get just notices on one thread once you are in that thread or get everything (don't advise this) at the top forum level.

Everyone can try it, but understand I may have to turn it off if gets too out of control like last time.

Back