Huntingdon, Pa: In search of a small stream wild brown trout and native fishery!

W

Worth723

Hey folks!

I hail from Richmond, Va and am a long time admirer of the great state of PA.

I’ll be traveling to Huntingdon for a long weekend in early June and will have a half day to explore some new water and would love to find a little wild brown trout fishery. Natives are welcome too. Anyone mind pointing me in the right direction?

I’m used to fishing small mountain streams in Shenandoah National Park. Catch and release only!

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Hey folks!

I hail from Richmond, Va and am a long time admirer of the great state of PA.

I’ll be traveling to Huntingdon for a long weekend in early June and will have a half day to explore some new water and would love to find a little wild brown trout fishery. Natives are welcome too. Anyone mind pointing me in the right direction?

I’m used to fishing small mountain streams in Shenandoah National Park. Catch and release only!

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Hello, I would try bald eagle creek...AKA little bald eagle cr. It flow into the little J at Tyrone.

Cross reference the ones that do indicate some public access with PA State Forest and/or State Game Lands maps available online. Those sections will offer certain hassle free access.

If you only have half a day to fish, that will still reveal way more options than you can fish in the time you have.

While you’re staying in Huntingdon County, I’d recommend you expand your search to include its neighbors. While Huntingdon County isn’t bad for small stream wild Trout angling, neighboring Centre and Blair counties are better and have more public land.

Last edited:
Back