Huge rising trout

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
I found this link to a video of huge trout rising on another FF website. As I watched it, it reminded me of the action I see when fishing the upper Delaware River. It got me psyched for the spring. If you never fished there before, this is the action that you should expect to experience from the upper Delaware River bruisers.

Huge rising trout

Gosh, that video is like this recurring nightmare i keep having where there is trout rising everywhere and I can't figure out what they a taking!!!!!

And whats the deal with that guy fishing rite on top of them, no wonder he didn't get anything to take. One shot of the stream with lush green pastures in the background, looks like it is from somewhere out of Ireland I thought but I am probably wrong.

Anyways thanks for sharing!!! :-D

Maybe that video is from the Delaware River, judging by that poor fellas lack of success.
He obviously didn't have the right fly, although I could never walk away from rising fish like that - even if I were getting skunked like him

As for where it is, my first guess would be alaska

How about this rise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDKp5eRhiFE&feature=related

Pad,

That looked like the breeches!!! Only in PA, HAHAHA.

Speaking of shark, in fly fishermen mag, Dec 2006, a guy caught a 385lb lemon shark, which was a fly-rod heavyweight record. I don't know what weight rod it was but it was on only 12lb test.

Start tyin them seal imitations, it can be done!!!

I'd guess maybe the Missouri River. It looks like it's out west and it is a big river, you don't get any bigger then that.
Why do they always put such stupid music to videos of fishing???

The video information sections says it's in Kola, Russia. Kamchatka peninsula, probably.

Yup - Russia. I just posted the link because it reminded me of some days I've had on the Delaware River. Many days are a dream, with big rising fish everywhere, but it becomes a nightmare when you can't get them to even look at your fly. It usually happens to me when there are multiple hatches and/or some unidentifiable caddis activity. Through the years I've learned some tricks - downstream presentations, emergers and floating nymphs, LaFountaine ESP, etc. But we all still have those days. I too couldn't see myself leaving the river until they stop rising, or it became too dark to see my fly, or a lightening bolt struck me down. I’ll fish through most of the winter, but I’m looking forward to the spring hatches. Only four months 'til April!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASMpe8LAHY

Back