Huge fish kill on Arkansas River 1-1-11 and birds too.

jdaddy wrote:
I heard the fireworks thing too. That's just silly. Not even a professional high powered fire work show but a hill jack show. If fireworks scared birds into heart attacks my guess is hunting expeditions would be more successful.

They are attributing the fish kill to an unknown virus.
The explanation of the firework theory, as I understand it, is that the birds were scared into flying at rooftop level, as opposed to tree top level. The birds apparently have crap night vision.

Folks have been setting off fireworks for as long as there have been fireworks , has there ever been an incident of bird firework death documented before? The fourth of July would create even more bird death than New Years Eve wouldn't ya think?

Folks have been setting off fireworks for as long as there have been fireworks , has there ever been an incident of bird firework death documented before?

Probably but I don't know. Mass bird deaths are common, they're just getting more attention right now.

The fourth of July would create even more bird death than New Years Eve wouldn't ya think?

No. Well, perhaps, but more a one here, one there thing than the mass death in a small area incidents that make the news. Birds are generally flocked up in the winter, but not in the summer.

Let an old guy RAIL a lil , Google CORE EXIT 9000 , 9500 , and , right on track , check out BeePeeOil Disaster on you tube.

Back