How was cabin fever?

OldLefty,
I always enjoy your presentations, the close to home and the far away. While I probably never will fish in Europe, your information on streams I fish are enjoyable to see in mid-winter. I have a cabin in Lamar and can picture myself in those area waters.
Jim Kearney

OldLefty wrote:

In Germany all trout landed must be KILLED! When you've reached your limit, you're finished.

Yes, I read that too...but I think some more facts are interesting. The slot limit of trout is between 1.15ft and 1.5 ft. (i'm a fan of slot limits) If you take a fish it costs roughly 13 dollars in addition to the 36 dollars a day just to fish. (it must either be really difficult or the days don't last very long) They actually have minimum rod and tippet size restrictions.

It sounded interesting so I googled it...found this article which served my immediate curiosity. I'm sure there are others perhaps better ones.

http://tinyurl.com/ywzwkh

No wonder fishing isn't popular in Germany!

(Upon reading that article, I think the slot limits and $ is imposed just by the owner of the stretch of water the author was fishing, in order to prevent his water from being totally fished out.)

"The Green Party is primarily responsible for the all caught must be killed reg. No catch and release in Germany."

The benchmark for truly wise legislation and for deciding if it deserves to become law is to examine it to determine if those who propose it would be willing to also have it apply to them as well.

I wonder what appropriate creel limits and minumum sizes for German Greens should be?

Thats the same stream, I have pictures of the eagles nest somewhere I loved the Weiner Schnitzel from the small towns, made from scratch. That is a beautiful area, caught grayling around Wurzburg or somewhere in Germany, kind of forget the stream name I know you needed a license to fish and another license to fish the stream.

Back